The name means “Elegant White” in German, the name of a European mountain flower. That is called Leontopodium alpinum.
Edelweiss (Hiragana: えーでるわいす; ederuwaisu) is a game company that brings you fancy shooters and action games such as Ether Vapor (エーテルヴェイパー) and Astebreed. It is a good follow up of the previous entry regarding Okamto Maya’s sci-fi concept CD. There is also Fairy Bloom, which you fight to protect the flowers from pests before they sprout.
Their products are the following:
- Ether Vapor (2009) – As Caldea Empire and Lydia clash, an unknown fighter plane appears with an ulterior motive in this 3D scroll/free shooter
- Ether Vapor RE-mastered (2011)
- Astebreed (2013) – High speed action robot shoooter
- Astebreed PS4
- Fairy Bloom 花咲か妖精 (2005) – fight against a multiplying enemy with combos of gorgeous visuals
- Fairy Bloom Ultra Encore (2014) – FB in Unreal Engine 4!
- Fairy Bloom Freesia (Staff) – 2011
花咲か妖精 stands for hanasaki ka yousei (lit: flower blooming fairy).
Here’s a trailer for Astebreed for the PS4:
The next project is Sakuna (仮), where the main character seems to be a Japanese youth from the farmer class. He or she uses the scarf and a kneading hammer (mallet; 杵) to attack. The Kanji stands for “temporary.”
Sakuna trailer from C91 (comicMarket):
Edelweiss is considered a doujin game creator, which is independent.
PV for Freesia: